January 25
2021
Trajan Shipley
share
30th November 2020
Consumer, Health & Environment Internal Market

Council and Parliament reach informal deal to extend CAP rules in order to fund farmers

The European Parliament and the Council of the EU have reached an informal agreement on how to extend current Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) rules until the end of 2022 and provide European farmers with an extra eight billion euros from the recovery instrument.

These are the details of the informal deal:

30% of the additional eight billion euros will be available in 2021, while the remaining 70% will correspond to 2022. 37% of the total budget must be secured by Member States for green and animal welfare measures. 55% of the budget will have to be destined towards digital transformation measures. Application of the exceptional temporary support to farmers and SMEs affected by COVID-19 will continue to take place in the next
×

Your privacy is important for us

We use cookies to improve the user experience. Please review privacy preferences.

Accept all Settings

Check our privacy policy and cookies policy.

Cookies