The European Parliament adopted a resolution on January 21, encouraging the European Commission and the EEAS to create a global EU Connectivity Strategy as an extension of the current EU-Asia Connectivity Strategy in order to align the Union’s connectivity philosophy and policies. The dual goal is to strengthen the EU’s role as an indispensable geopolitical and geo-economic actor with a single narrative, and to reinforce partnerships with democracies around the world which share the Union’s fundamental values.
This policy event will deal with some of the remaining questions regarding this issue, such as:
- In a world which is increasingly characterized by regulatory competition, which added value to the implementation and promotion of its global agenda could and should the EU bring?
- Which synergies across the EU’s key policies should it prioritize?
- Which stakeholders should be involved?
- Which flagship projects should it develop?
- Which internal and international obstacles will need to be overcome?